Paddler's Rest - Glamping on Water | St. Charles
St. Charles, MO
An ideal getaway for the couple who want to experience the romance of nature in a unique setting. Paddler’s Rest features an intimate Safari Tent that floats on a private dock right on the channel to the Mississippi River.
Enjoy a relaxing evening watching the wildlife from your private deck then go to sleep to the sounds of nature while nestled in a king bed with crisp, clean sheets and fluffy pillows.
Paddler’s Rest features:
- King bed with crisp, clean sheets
- Sofa that converts to a full bed
- Air conditioning
- Mini refrigerator
- Coffee machine
- Gas and charcoal grill
- Private deck that is right on the water
- $175 / Night
- Weekends & Holidays – Two night reservation required
- 5% St. Charles County Lodging Tax
- Check-in 3:00 pm
- Check-out 10:00 am
Linens & Bedsheets
Coffee, Bottled Water, S'Mores
Picnic Tables, Grills, Fire-pit
Member since October 2019
St. Charles, MO
Rules & Guidelines
Come experience the beauty of our pond, private island, and the Mississippi River while staying in one of our luxury camps. Our Safari Camps complement the natural surroundings of our site, and encourage a sense of connection, relaxation, and renewal.
MUST be 25 years or older to book!
All guests MUST sign and return Rental Agreement document to host after booking.
***Our glampsites are located in Missouri’s great outdoors so be prepared to accept the inherent risk of your adventure including wildlife, insects, and unpredictable conditions (we can’t control weather or the River). Come with an adventurous and open mind, and some bug spray.
- Clean sheets, pillows, comforters
- Towels, hand towels, wash cloths
- Coffee, bottled water, S’Mores
- Camp chairs, picnic table, charcoal grill, gas grill, fire ring.
- Charcoal for the grill
- Firewood for a nightly campfire
- Superior guest service
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pond and River access
- Central Location to all St. Charles County Activities
- Additionally, you will have use of our canoe, paddles, and life jackets.
What to Bring
- Food / Snacks / Drinks
- A good book
- Weather appropriate outerwear
- Camping appropriate footwear (heels are probably not a good choice)
- Slippers or sandals (please take off muddy shoes/sandals/boots before entering the Safari Tents)
- Pots and pans if you plan on cooking over an open fire
- A desire to get away from the day-to-day and relax in nature and seclusion!
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are the bathrooms?
- We have private bathrooms in a custom tent cabin adjacent to the Marina Lodge. We also have private outdoor showers.
Do the safari tents have heat?
- Yes, during cool weather the safari tents are heated to keep you comfortable during your stay with us.
Are the Safari Tents air conditioned?
- Yes, the safari tent have air conditioners.
Do the safari tents have electricity?
How many people can stay in one safari Camp?
- Harbor Breeze is designed for two in a king bed but it also has a futon/sofa that converts to a full.
- We also have a large Tee Pee tent that we can set up for kids to play/sleep in.
Do we need to bring our own bed sheets?
- No! We provide fresh clean bed sheets for all of the beds on the property; however, you will need to bring sleeping bags if the camp cots are to be used.
Do we need to bring our own towels?
- No! We provide fresh clean towels for you to use during your stay.
Can we bring our dog(s)?
- No. There are predators (winged and four legged) in the area.
Can we bring our canoe, kayaks, jet skis, or fishing boats?
- Yes! We are located in a marina with private boat launch ramps.
Check In: 09:00 PM
Check Out: 04:00 PM
St. Charles County Lodging Tax
What to Bring
- Food & Beverages
- Weather Appropriate Clothing
Rugged & Scenic Campsite near Historic Mine La Motte
R.V. Camping on Boettcher Farm
RV Hookup Site 1 | St. Charles
Remote Camping at Rocky Meadows
RV Hookup Site 2 | St. Charles
Harbor Breeze - Glamping on Water | St. Charles